Topics or areas of expertise that Charley can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Inventory management
- Computer repair
- Client services
- Windows image deployment
- Troubleshooting computer systems
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He earned his bachelor's degree in communication arts with a minor in history
- He has over six years of experience in the IT field
- He earned the CompTia A+ certification
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Metal detecting
- Coin collecting
- Fixing something
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- 1) Received a call where a client was leading a conference and the computer died in the middle of the seminar. I was on site within a few minutes and had to diagnose the issue, run a new cable from wall panel to the computer, and configure it to work properly. I had everything ready to go within 8 minutes from the time I received the phone call.
- 2) I had an issue where 15-20 clients could not install an application to their computer which was needed. They were going to need to work on paper if they could not install the program. After about two hours playing with the install files, I developed a way to install the program and license it to the client computers. Not only were all the clients thrilled to have their program, but the method for installation was used as a means of getting several other applications installed on client machines.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does “A Brighter Way” mean to you? Providing quality, transparency, and clarity in everything we do.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? Rea provides an environment and a culture that you just cannot find anywhere else.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? I am given the opportunity to serve and support the full firm. I get to learn, interact, and grow with everyone who is a Rea employee.
- Describe your work style. I am hard worker who is always happy to help wherever I am needed with either a solution to your issue or with determination to find an answer.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? “Take your work personally”
- What do you consider is your “brightest” quality? My willingness to help. It does not matter the circumstance or the problem, I am always willing to come along side someone and help where I can.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? Starship Captain
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting? Information Technology :)
- What makes you get out of bed every day? My alarm clock
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I am loyal to a fault. I am not one to back down from a challenge or run away when things get tough.
- What was your first job? Seasonal Farm hand at a pumpkin farm
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? My mother was kind enough to give me colorblindness.
- What is the best restaurant you’ve ever eaten at? Gervasi Vineyard
My priority is to make the best technical experience I can for the community I work in. Fast and quality service means everything to me.