Topics or areas of expertise that Charles can talk about (even in his sleep):
- CPA firm management
- What makes an engineering firm tick
- Small business consulting
- Tax planning
How he’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- A client’s controller took an unexpected leave of absence and never returned. Charles needed to go in and pick up the pieces and coordinate an efficient transition.
- Another client needed to buy out a majority shareholder and was prohibited due to negative net worth. Charles helped them develop a plan to effect a buy-out over a period of years determined by future profits and cash flow.
- Finally, a client was having difficulty obtaining financing and he pointed them to a bank that was willing to work with them.
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- He holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Cleveland State University
- Charles has more than 40 years of experience in the accounting industry.
- He has also worked for the City of Cleveland Office of Budget & Management, Hostelly & Dover, CPAs and Walthall CPAs.
Furthering his professional development, Charles is involved with:
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- The American Institute of CPAs
- Lakewood Catholic Academy (treasurer)
- St Clement Finance Council (secretary)
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Enjoying his lake house at Catawba Island
Inside The Mind Of…
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job?
My favorite aspect is privilege of working with such a diverse client base.
- Describe your work style.
I am a hands-on person, but encourage others to grow in their role.
- What do you consider is your “brightest” quality?
The ability to communicate with all clients in a way that makes sense to them and join them in their success.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up?
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting?
- What was your first job?
Flipping burgers at Edgewater Park.
I am passionate about consulting with my clients and enjoying their success.