Topics or areas of expertise that Cathy can talk about (even in her sleep):
- S-corporation taxation
- C-corporation taxation
- Inventory capitalization for auto and equipment dealers
- Multi-state taxation
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- Cathy began her career in the accounting industry in 1978.
- Prior to joining Rea in 1995, Cathy worked as a bookkeeper. She later took a position in public accounting.
- Cathy earned her associate's degree in accounting from Stark State College and went on to earn her bachelor's degree in management from Malone College.
- She regularly presents expertise about financial literacy programs as a Junior Achievement and OSCPA volunteer.
Furthering her professional development, Cathy is involved with:
- The American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Attending sporting events and concerts
- Spending time with family
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? Always looking for new and innovative ways to help clients.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? I have great coworkers.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? The constant variety of work.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Maintain integrity in all you do. Be honest.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A stewardess.
- What makes you get out of bed every day? My alarm clock!!
- What was your first job? A bookkeeper and furniture sales person.
I'm a CPA with over 24 years of public accounting experience - primarily in tax