Topics or areas of expertise that Brooke can talk about (even in her sleep):
- CAT taxes
- Preparation of financial statements
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- She earned her associate's degree in business management and technology from The University of Akron-Wayne College.
- Prior to joining Rea, she worked for the Wayne County Treasurer's Office and the Wayne Savings Community Bank.
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Spending time with her kids.
- Attending festivals and other community events.
Inside The Mind Of…
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? In my opinion, A Brighter Way means that the firm is always looking to improve. We are always looking for the most efficient way to complete the task and all suggestions in order to improve the way we get things done will be considered. Looking beyond the “this is how we’ve always done it” mentality.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? I was very impressed with how flexible they are with my schedule. With young children, it is a must. But I also feel that they value their employees. Rea listens to suggestions, wants you to succeed, and become a “superstar” in a particular topic.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Choose to be positive, every day. A simple smile and good morning can change someone’s day.
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea? So far the most memorable moment is when Ben’s son tricked me into thinking there was candy in his box. When I opened the box, there was a fake spider that popped out!! I jumped and screamed!
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was younger. We had bunnies, cows, a cat, dog, horse, and raccoons that we raised.
- What makes you get out of bed every day? My kids. I have a three year old and a seven month old.
- What was your first job? Making sandwiches at Subway
I am a detail oriented worker who may not be the fastest, but I like to make sure things are done the right way.