Topics or areas of expertise that Brigette can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Creative Plan Design
- Client Relationships
- Plan Compliance
- Tax Form 5500 & other retirement forms
- Plan Asset Reconciliation
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- She holds a bachelor's degree and a master's in business from Mount Vernon Nazarene University.
- Brigette also earned an associate's degree in human services from Mount Vernon Nazarene University.
- She has more than 10 years of experience in the accounting industry.
- She previously worked for Blue Benefits Consulting & Pentegra Retirement Services.
- She also has life, health, property & casualty licenses.
Furthering her professional development, Brigette is involved with:
- American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA)
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Watching sports with her family.
- She loves to cook & bake.
How she's helped clients meet their business needs:
- A client was nearing retirement, and wanted to put away more money. Brigette ran proposals for a 401(k)/Cash Balance combination that allowed the client to put away the money for a retirement they desired.
- Another client was having issues passing testing. Discussed all options on how to solve issue and amended plan to become Safe Harbor for the following year.
- A client had a 401(k) plan that gave a pro-rata contribution and they wanted to be able to put away more for owners. She looked at various allocation methods in order to choose the right plan design on-going.
- Many times she recommends a retirement plan savings vehicle to help a client keep money in their own pocket and get a tax deduction at the same time.
Inside The Mind Of...
- Why do you choose to work with Rea? It was the perfect fit with the corporate culture and co-workers.
- What is your favorite aspect of your job? Consulting
- Describe your work style. Detail oriented.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? Attorney
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? Geneticist
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? Attention to detail
I am a retirement plan consultant who is devoted to providing excellent service to my clients.