Topics or areas of expertise that Brian can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Federal individual taxation
- Federal business taxation
- State & local taxation
- Sales & use tax
- Tax planning
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Brian holds an associate's of arts degree from Hesston College
- He also holds a bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Brian has nearly 10 years of experience in the accounting industry
- Brian is also a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- 2015 Rea's NextGen Leadership Program Graduate
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Involved with Kidron Community Council (president)
- New Leaf Center (treasurer)
- Holmes County Share-A-Christmas (treasurer)
- Central Christian Schools (finance committee member)
- Kidron Mennonite Church (Bible school superintendent)
- Leadership Holmes County (graduate)
- Spending time with his wife and sons
- Playing basketball
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- A manufacturer came to me while they were being audited by the IRS. The initial findings had them owing over $100,000 between two years. After working with the client and the IRS substantially, we reduced the liability to approximately $26,000.
- A new client came to us with no clear direction of where their business was really making a profit. They couldn't determine their true profit from their own records, and didn't know where they needed to increase their sales. We worked with the client to break out different departments in their business to determine the profitability by department.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? A Brighter Way means discussing issues with clients in a way they can understand.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? I choose to work at Rea because of the people that I work with as clients and as co-workers.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? My favorite aspect of the job is when I can bring an idea to a client that will really benefit them.
- What do you consider is your "brightest" quality? Empathy
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A marine biologist
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I am good natured and even-keeled
- What was your first job? I grew up on the farm, and my first job was cleaning out hog buildings
I am a professional who will keep up-to-date on tax changes that will affect my clients, and interpret them in order to keep clients updated on how they will be affected.