Topics or areas of expertise that Brian can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Medical billing/reimbursement
- Nonprofit accounting
- IT control best practices
- Disaster recovery
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He holds a bachelor's degree in business administration from The Ohio State University
- He has more than 7 years of experience in the accounting industry, and several years of experience in IT risk assessments and controls review
- He passed the Certified Information Systems Auditor examination in December 2015
- Rea NextGen (class of 2018 graduate)
Furthering his professional development, Brian is involved with:
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Playing his guitar and writing music
- Spending time with his wife and two daughters
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? I likely would have pursued a career in computer/software engineering. The creativity and problem solving aspect of programming has always fascinated me.
- What was your first job? My first job was working at a plant nursery called Terrace Gardens.
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? Both my mother and father are well-educated, and placed a heavy importance on education. I believe I adopted this approach, as I am constantly looking for ways to develop and grow intellectually.
I would describe myself as ambitious and resourceful, determined to provide the highest quality service and advice to our clients.