Topics or areas of expertise that Bernabe can talk about (even in his sleep):
Sales & use tax
How we know he knows what he's doing:
Bernabe graduated with his associate's in accounting from Lorain County Community College.
He graduated with his bachelor's in accounting from Baldwin Wallace University.
He started at Rea as an intern.
Furthering his professional development, Bernabe is involved with:
Ohio Society of CPAs
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
With his wife & newborn daughter
Playing or watching baseball, basketball, soccer, football and golf
Training Capoeira and Jiu-Jitsu (Brazilian Martial Arts)
How he’s helped clients meet their business needs?
He has assisted clients through the voluntary disclosure anonymous (VDA) process, researching taxability and exemptions, and doing sales/use and income tax returns.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you?" “A Brighter Way” means to see the journey ahead and know that we are Rea ambassadors.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? I chose Rea because I wanted to get into a tax department. I was also drawn to Rea because of their work environment, commitment to excellence, and the work-life balance culture that they have.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Never stop learning.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? To see a growing team and to discover the ways in which I can help continue that growth and innovate the way SALT will serve Rea’s clientele.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A dentist.
- What makes you get out of bed every day? Being thankful for the opportunity to do just that.
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I am coachable.