Topics or areas of expertise that Alex can talk about (even in his sleep):
- ORC Compliance
- Government accounting
- Auditing requirements
- Internal controls
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He earned his bachelor's degree in accounting and business administration from Malone University.
- Prior to joining Rea, Alex worked for the Ohio Auditor of State.
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending with friends and family
- Going to sporting events
- Playing golf
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- A small government fiscal officer needed to know the ORC for transferring funds between restricted funds and closing out the fund. Alex was able to give them the proper procedures for completing the task.
- For a variety of clients, Alex has suggested how they could set up internal controls and have better separations of duties.
- Alex has helped smaller government entries to determine how to classified revenues (e.g. taxes, intergovernmental, fines & permits).
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? It means that there are always a better and simpler way for things to be done if you structured properly and enjoy what you are doing.
- Describe your work style. Hard working and always willing to help coworkers or clients with problems.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? Meeting with clients and getting to know how they operate. Also, being able to help them.
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea? Going out to lunch with my coworkers almost every day and getting to know them better.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? Mechanical engineer
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? Computer science
- What was your first job? Newspaper delivery boy.
I have worked in the governmental auditing field for over 3 years and have an understanding of GASB and ORC.