Topics or areas of expertise that Afrin can talk about (even in her sleep):
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- She holds an associate's degree in accounting from Columbus State Community College.
- She also earned her bachelor's degree in accounting from Franklin University.
- She has over five years of experience in the accounting industry.
Furthering her professional development, Afrin is involved with:
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Spending time with family and friends
How she's helped clients meet their business needs:
- 1) Many clients did not itemize their deductions because of the new standard deduction rate. One of my clients has medical expenses. Even though the client was not itemizing, I inputted their medical expenses. It did not help them to reduce their federal return amount; however, it gave them a credit on their state return and they were able to save $130 dollars.
- 2) One of my clients had dementia; therefore, they forgot to bring their documents with them. In order to help them I listed all of their documents. The next day when they came, they said they did not receive some of the documents. I helped them to get those documents and prepared their tax returns.
Inside The Mind Of...
- “A brighter Way” means to have a better future. A better future not only for yourself but also for the whole community by providing services beyond the ordinary.
- Why do you choose to work at Rea? Opportunity for advancement and the positive work environment.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? The people and its flexibility.
- Describe your work style. Getting the job done accurately and on time.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Maintain integrity and stay positive.
- What do you consider is your “brightest” quality? Reliable and responsible.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A lawyer, doctor, or banker
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into accounting? Finance, math education, or the health industry
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I'm a hard worker.
- What was your first job? A cashier at Kentucky Fried Chicken
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? Honesty
- What is the best restaurant you’ve ever eaten at? Eddie Merlots
- What is your most prized possession? My scholarships I received from Franklin University Scholars, KFC, and "I Know I Can"
I am a self-motivated and reliable professional. I am a well-organized and capable of meeting deadlines and work very well under pressure. Also, I'm a great team player and an efficient multi-tasker.