Topics or areas of expertise that she can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Employee Communications
- Corporate Culture
- Executive Communications
- Communications Strategy Development; Deployment
- Effective Message Sharing
How we know she knows what she’s doing:
- She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in corporate communications from Walsh University
- Prior to Rea, she spent 5 years in the internal communications department at Diebold Nixdorf
How she’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- Client problem: Organization was experiencing too many corporate emails during a given day to employees. Solution: Aggregated notices, reminders, announcements, corporate news, leadership messages into one internal newsletter to consolidate messages.
- Client problem: Corporate leadership uninformed regarding new processes and procedures being deployed across the company. Solution: Created “Leadership Packets” that included all needed information regarding the upcoming change – which were distributed to employees before the all employee announcement was sent. The intent was to first inform leadership so they were well aware of the new process and could then answer employee questions.
- Client problem: Low employee morale and connection as “one company” after a recent merger. Solution: Launched an employee selfie campaign, during which I asked employees to submit photos of themselves with the company logo and one word describing why they’re proud to work at the company. All selfies were included in a video montage / collage distributed to the entire organization, which fostered unity.
Furthering her professional development, Abigail is involved with:
- Advisory Board Member: Living Bread Radio
- Advisory Board Member: Canton Palace Theater
- Chorale Member of the Canton Symphony Chorus
- Women of Grace Bible Study at Queen of Heaven Parish
When she’s not in the office, you can find her:
- Reading, writing, playing the piano, watching movies, and most importantly, spending time with my boyfriend and family.
Inside The Mind Of …
- What does “A Brighter Way” mean to you? It means doing business the right way, treating people fairly and with great service, and supporting a corporate culture that makes you happy to come into work every day.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? Being an advocate for employees
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? “Choose to be positive, every day. Show others that you care.”
- What is your most memorable moment at Rea? My first day on the job I received the warmest welcome from my colleagues. From that moment on, I’ve truly felt valued as a member of the team and empowered to perform great work!
Just For Fun:
- What profession would you choose if you didn’t go into communications? Teaching/Education
- What makes you get out of bed every day? My faith and family.
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? Resourcefulness. Thanks, Mom and Dad!
I help everyday people do their jobs better by sharing crucial, exciting information. My goal? For you to go home well-informed and happy.