- unsuitable on Rea Radio
- episode 103: estate planning awareness: why it matters & what to do
- episode 102: today’s customer service paradigm is all about immediacy
- episode 101: how to be a business development super hero
- episode 100: our favorite business & professional growth resources
- episode 99: how to maximize your real estate value (while minimizing liability)
- Article Library
- 2017 Press Releases
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Resource Centers
unsuitable on Rea Radio
what is unsuitable?
It’s the unique financial services and business advisory podcast that challenges your old-school business practices and the traditional business suit culture. You’ll hear from industry professionals who think beyond the suit and tie to offer meaningful, modern solutions to help you enhance your company’s growth.
listen wherever, whenever
Subscribe to the podcast on SoundCloud or iTunes and never miss an episode again. And while you’re there, let us know what you think about the show! Listen, like, share, comment, rate and review … your feedback will help as we continue to make this show even better! And you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
episode 103: estate planning awareness: why it matters & what to do
Sooner or later, time catches up with all of us. As unpleasant as that thought may be, planning for death is, in fact, a necessary part of life, and we simply couldn’t think of a better time to share some critical estate planning tips with you than this week – which also happens to be National Estate Planning Awareness Week.
Dave McCarthy, a principal in Rea’s Medina office, has a knack for estate planning and trusts. We discuss how to choose an executor, which assets to include in your estate plan, what you should do with your asset list, and what other documents you should have in place before you die.
episode 102: today’s customer service paradigm is all about immediacy
Businesses can no longer afford to be anything but attentive, accommodating, and polite when it comes to customer service. One wrong word or tweet from someone on your front lines might be all it takes for your company to go viral … and that’s not necessarily a good thing. So, with all that’s at stake, what are you doing to improve the quality of your own customer service practices? As a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, a Lean Gold Practitioner and a Certified Project Management Professional, Chris Liebtag, president of the Rea Consulting Group, has helped businesses nationwide achieve greater effectiveness and efficiency. He joins us on unsuitable to share how a few simple adjustments to your existing customer service processes can yield incredible results.
episode 101: how to be a business development super hero
Business owners, do you ever feel like you’re expected to be two different people? On the one hand, you’re expected to be a genius in your craft. Whether you manufacture widgets or brew craft beer, you’d better be fully capable of jumping in and getting your hands dirty. On the other hand, you must maintain a high-level view of your company; always poised to act on opportunities as they arise, while maintaining fluency in sales, marketing, and public relations. Believe it or not, striking that balance is possible, and in this episode of unsuitable on Rea Radio we talk to somebody who does it every day. Mark Hoops, a principal in Rea’s Lima office, is a skilled business developer with nearly 40 years of experience in the accounting industry. He shares how any business owner can develop relationships and leverage opportunities that will help them maintain balance.
episode 100: our favorite business & professional growth resources
To celebrate the 100th episode of unsuitable on Rea Radio, we’re doing something special. We asked many of our previous guests to share some of their favorite business and/or professional growth resources with us, and the results have been incredible! To compile the answers for this episode, we sat down with Mike Moran, Mark Van Benschoten, Brad Circone, Tim McDaniel, Brad Martyn, Chris Pyrcraft, Mary Beth Koester, Michaela McGinn, Annie Yoder, Mike Taylor, Kyle Quillen, Joe Welker, Kim Veal, Mark McKinley, Greg Saul, Kevin Bill, Andrea McLane, Desiree Lyon, Pat Porter, Abbey Kanellakis, Matt Scherer, Heather McNichols, Peggy Minnig, Brian Kempf, and Austin Black. But that’s not all… If you want to take advantage of even more resources that will help you improve your business practices or grow in your professional career, we published the full list of 100 resources on our website at reacpa.com/100.
- Episode 99: how to maximize your real estate value (while minimizing liability) (September 19, 2017)
- Episode 98: the value of an employee appreciation culture (September 12, 2017)
- Episode 97: avoid payroll pitfalls to celebrate national payroll week (September 5, 2017)
- Episode 96: how to build relationships that drive business results (August 29, 2017)
- Episode 95: the american dream: be your own boss (August 22, 2017)
- Episode 94: human resources 101: managing a multigenerational workforce (August 15, 2017)
- Episode 93: human resources 101: hiring and retaining top talent (Desiree Lyon, August 8, 2017)
- Episode 92: how to avoid common mistakes & design the ideal retirement plan (Andrea McLane, August 1, 2017)
- Episode 91: the value of client relationships: expertise, loyalty & opportunity (Kevin Bill, July 25, 2017)
- Episode 90: the logistics of change: how to successfully relocate or remodel your business (Mark McKinley, July 18, 2017)