- unsuitable on Rea Radio
- episode 107: national philanthropy day: how a culture of giving impacts your business
- episode 106: you don’t have to be president to tweet: why your business should be on social media
- episode 105: scary stories to tell business owners
- episode 104: how a cost segregation study can save your business (a lot of) money
- episode 103: estate planning awareness: why it matters & what to do
- Article Library
- 2017 Press Releases
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Resource Centers
episode 98: the value of an employee appreciation culture
Take a moment to think about this question: When was the last time that you showed appreciation toward your employees? If you’re struggling to answer that question, you may have identified a problem that could end up hurting your company in the long-run.
Peggy Minnig, a principal in Rea’s Lima office, believes that an employee who feels appreciated will reward the company with increased productivity, greater employee satisfaction, renewed loyalty, and improved retention.
Appreciation is a Fundamental Human Need
It doesn’t matter if you’re an incredible business owner – without a great team in place to maintain the day-to-day responsibilities of the business, you won’t have a business for very long. And, well… if you don’t show appreciation for your employees, you may not have a great team for very long.
If you want to retain valuable employees and increase productivity, listen and learn:
- Why peer recognition is just as important as manager or principal recognition.
- Why you should praise people immediately, preferably in public, when you see an opportunity to do so.
- How you can remind yourself and others to show appreciation on a regular basis.
If you liked this episode of unsuitable on Rea Radio, let us know by hitting the like button or by sharing it with your followers on social media. You can also use #ReaRadio to join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter, and you can watch the podcast in action on the Rea & Associates YouTube channel. We’ve also included access to additional resources on our website at www.reacpa.com.
articles & insight
Businesses Thrive When Employees Thrive – Your employees are worth much more than you think. Start realizing their true value they bring to your business and how to create a positive work environment.
Are You Failing Your New Employees? – Before you think it’s time to cut your losses with a new employee, reflect on yourself and see if you can help them improve their performance.
The Secrets To Developing Engaged Workers – Employee retention is a struggle all business owners deal with. Figure out how to employ the right people and have them working for the long-term.
The Value of Long-Term Employees – Having long-term employees can have many benefits for your business. Determine what you can do to bring more talent into your firm.
Take Control with These Time Management Tips – Don’t take time for granted. Having a balanced time for productivity can lead to more fulfilling days.
Click here to read the complete official transcript to episode 98, “The Value of an Employee Appreciation Culture.”