Day-to-day activities at Rea:
At Rea, Wendy’s primary responsibilities consist of handling client questions and calls and being a tax resource to the staff members in the Mentor office and throughout the firm. She also researches new tax items and ideas to help clients.
Topics or areas of expertise that she can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Individual taxation
- The 3.8 percent Medicare tax
- IRA distribution rules
- Charitable planning
- General investing stock basis and options transactions
- Employer stock transactions including basis and options
How we know she knows what she’s doing:
- Wendy joined the Rea team in 2006, when Rea merged with Lynch, Anselmo, Ott, Bryan + Company.
- Her experience includes 10 years with Lynch, Anselmo, Ott, Bryan + Co. plus another 10 years at a regional accounting firm.
- Wendy graduated from Michigan State University with a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
Furthering her professional development, Wendy is involved in:
Wendy is involved in her community:
- Harpersfield United Methodist Church (finance committee)
- The Executive Women’s Golf Association Cleveland Chapter (board member)
- The Suicide Prevention Education Alliance (2004-2014)
- First Tee of Cleveland volunteer (2015)
When she’s not in the office, you can find her:
- On the golf course
- Photographing nature