Day-to-day activities at Rea:
Tim leads the firm’s business valuation team. He’s responsible for:
- Performing business valuations on clients’ businesses
- Providing strategies to clients on how to grow the value of their business
- Assisting clients’ in the selection their optimal exit plan
- Consulting with family businesses on integrating the family and business issues surrounding succession planning
Tim is a recognized leader in the business valuation field — having been involved in more than 2,000 valuation engagements and numerous merger & acquisition transactions. He prides himself in using plain English to teach the business owner what the value is of their most prized asset. In 2013, he released his first book, Know and Grow the Value of Your Business: An Owner’s Guide to Retiring Rich. And in 2014, he published his second book, Valuing and Selling Your Business: A Quick Guide to Cashing In. Tim has been a featured speaker on valuation topics throughout the United States.
Read his Curriculum Vitae here.
Topics or areas of expertise that he can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Business valuation
- Succession and exit planning
- How to treat a business ownership like an investment
- Increasing business value
- Strategic planning
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- He’s got a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Bowling Green State University
- He’s been in the industry since 1982
Furthering his professional development, Tim is involved with:
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending time with his children.
- Sitting around the fire pit with friends drinking Grand Marnier.
- Riding his bike on the Rails for Trails.
- Reading his Bible and books about personal and spiritual growth.
- Wondering why he’s a Browns and Indians fan.
- Working out at Alum Creek or Hoover Reservoir.