Day-to-day activities at Rea:
Paul leads the firm’s retirement plan consulting and administration services team. He’s responsible for:
- Consulting with clients on fiduciary best practices related to their qualified retirement plans.
- Helping clients improve the retirement readiness of their employees through effective plan design.
- Partnering with investment advisors to build their retirement plan practices.
- Helping clients keep their retirement plans in compliance with federal requirements.
Topics or areas of expertise that he can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Retirement plan fiduciary issues.
- Plan design issues.
- Plan compliance and reporting issues.
- Plan benchmarking services.
- Plan service provider search services.
- Trends in the retirement plan market.
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- He’s got a bachelor’s degree in accounting from The Ohio State University
- And he’s got a master’s degree in taxation from the University of Akron
- He has nearly 30 years of accounting industry experience
How he’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- Paul helped another client with a plan vendor search, which resulted in hiring a registered investment advisory firm to mitigate fiduciary risk and dramatically improve the quality of the plan’s fund line-up.
- He also assisted a plan administration client with a conversion to an independent record-keeping platform resulting in a savings of about 1 percent of plan assets annually. The change also improved the quality of the fund selection and monitoring process mitigating overall fiduciary risk significantly.
- Assisted many plan investment advisors to win new clients and protect their existing relationships through plan design expertise and fee analysis.
Furthering his professional development, Paul is involved with:
- The American Institute of CPAs
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- Society for Human Resource Management (Tuscora Chapter; president, 2013)
- United Way of Tuscarawas County (board member and 2013 co-campaign chairperson)
- New Philadelphia Lions Club (past president and treasurer)
- New Philadelphia Youth Soccer Association (board member)
- New Philadelphia City Schools (community financial advisory committee)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Central Ohio (past board president)
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Volunteering his time with many community organizations.
- Biking the backroads of Tuscarawas County early in the morning.
- Spending time with his family.