Day-to-day activities at Rea:
As a member of the tax team, I responsible for reviewing tax returns and providing tax guidance to staff.
Topics or areas of expertise that Ashley can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Taxation of commercial rental real estate and owners/developers of rental real estate
- Partnership taxation and income allocations
- Partnership debt allocations
- Taxation of high net worth individuals
- Passive activity loss rules
How she’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- I pride myself on being very good at streamlining processes and procedures. For numerous clients I have been able to examine processes surrounding tax compliance and tax consulting to streamline the sharing of information and engagement completion in order to make sure all professionals involved were utilizing their time in the most efficient manner.
- In reviewing prior year tax returns for a new client, I found numerous errors in the general compliance and transaction tax treatment of their returns. We were able to amend returns to obtain a better result and solidify our relationship with this client.
How we know she knows what she’s doing:
- I have a bachelor’s degree from Ohio Dominican University.
Furthering his professional development, Ben is involved with:
- Rea NextGen (class of 2017)
When she’s not in the office, you can find her:
- Spending time with my husband and three children.
- You can usually find me attending my daughters’ soccer and basketball games or watching gymnastics and dance classes.
- I also enjoy reading, shopping, and playing outside with my children.