Day-to-day activities at Rea:
Maribeth specializes in tax compliance for not-for-profit organizations, technical review of business/individual returns and not-for-profit 990s. She has also given various presentations on accounting and tax issues to local organizations. Additionally, Maribeth is the administrative principal of the Southeast Ohio region. This includes Rea’s offices in Cambridge, Marietta and Zanesville.
Topics or areas of expertise that Maribeth can talk about (even in her sleep):
- 990s – IRS reporting for organization exempt from Income Tax Unrelated trade
- Business tax income tax for exempt organizations
- Tax tips for individuals
How we know she knows what she’s doing:
- Maribeth earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Mount Union.
- Maribeth honed her skills at another CPA firm prior to joining the Rea team.
- She has more than 30 years of experience in the accounting industry.
Furthering her professional development, Maribeth is involved with:
When she’s not in the office, you can find her:
- Spending time with her family, all of whom still live in the Cambridge area
- Serving as president of the Guernsey County Foundation
- Serving as a trustee of the Southeastern Regional Medical Center
- Involved with the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio, Cambridge Alumni and Friends Education Fund and the United Way
- In 2001, Maribeth was awarded the Jeffersonian Person of the Year Award. In 2008, the Cambridge Area Chamber of Commerce honored her with the Distinguished Public Service award and the 2012 John Sidlo Award for Vision, Leadership and Legacy.