Day-to-day activities at Rea:
At Rea, Lesley serves as the director of tax services, where she oversees the entire tax team at the firm. She also specializes in and enjoys working closely with high net worth families and their groups of entities. She has experience with pass-through entity taxation, consolidations, multi-state taxation, estate planning and multi-tiered entities. Lesley also has extensive experience with oil and gas entities.
Lesley has previously been involved in the firm’s Lean Six Sigma initiative by serving as the team champion for several internal projects. She has also been a resource for Lean CPA, the firm’s initiative to help other CPA firms implement Lean Six Sigma into their operations. She is a Lean CPA Green Belt.
Topics or areas of expertise that she can talk about (even in her sleep):
- High net worth families
- Oil & gas industry
- Wealth planning
- Project management
- Lean Six Sigma
How we know she knows what she’s doing:
- Lesley earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration
- She also holds a master’s degree of accountancy, with a focus in taxation, from Bowling Green State University
- She has nearly 15 years of accounting industry experience
- She is also a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
How she’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- During 2012 when the gifting exemption was much higher than it is today, we were able to talk with and coach members of a family group to gift business interests to either the next generation of family members or trusts in order to help reduce their future estate tax burden.
- A client had the opportunity to see a tremendous increase in revenue if they were a minority-owned entity. We helped them restructure their ownership so that they maintained control of the entity yet moved their ownership around to the female members of the family so that they qualified to be a minority-owned entity. We helped them with the application process and they earned the certification they needed in order to get the opportunity to earn that additional revenue.
Furthering her professional development, Lesley is involved with:
When she’s not in the office, you can find her:
- Serving as a board member and incoming board chairman for the Wooster Chamber of Commerce
- Participating in the Wooster Rotary Club
- Serving as a member and audit committee chairman of St. Paul Lutheran Church
- Playing with my children
- Cooking or baking
- Reading a book
- Spending time with her husband and children