Topics or areas of expertise that Lee can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Medical practice
- Not-for-Profit associations
- Individual tax planning
- Corporate governance
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- He received his bachelor's degree in accounting from Ohio University
- He earned his master's degree in management from Northwestern University
- Lee is recognized as a leader in the profession, winning the 2011 Gold Medal for Meritorious Service from the Ohio Society of CPAs
- His experience includes more than 40 years at a national, local, and now a top regional firm
- Lee was one of the firm's first two executive vice presidents. He served in that role for 18 months before taking over as CEO
Furthering his professional development, Lee is involved with:
- The American Institute of CPAs (past member of the AICPA council)
- The Ohio Society of CPAs (Government Affairs Advisory Council, an Ohio Legislative Key Person, Political Endorsement Committee and Foundation Development Committee)
- The Moore Stephens North America network of CPA firms (Rea voting representative)
- The Ohio University School of Accountancy Advisory Board (founding member)
- The Dublin AM Rotary Club (founding member and Paul Harris Fellow)
- American Institute of CPAs' G400 practice advisory group (chair)
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Spending time with his wife, Maija, and their children
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? Creating professional opportunities for our people and financial success for our clients.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you best? Embrace change. Be open to the possibilities.
- What do you consider is your "brightest" quality? Commitment
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? A professional basketball player
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? Financial planning
- What is the number one reason you would hire you? I am focused.
How he's helped clients meet their business needs:
- Converted an emergency room physician practice to an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP).
- Helped one of our firm's client's transition to second generation leadership.
- Assisted with the planning and development phase for a startup construction company. That company is now the top company in its market and in its area of specialty.
Dedicated to client service, financial success, professionalism and career development.