Topics or areas of expertise that Joseph can talk about (even in his sleep):
- The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) compliance and planning
- Sales and use tax
- Federal tax audits
- State tax audits
- Choice of entity
How we know he knows what he's doing:
- Joseph has been sought after for his experience and expertise by the Ohio Society of Public Accountants, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Greater Columbus Arts Council, the National Business Institute, Forbes, Smart Business, ASA Ohio, the Business Growth Club, the Benefactor Group, the Ohio Bankers League, the Ohio Oil and Gas Association, the Ohio Mid-Eastern Regional Education Services Agency, the Baird Group, Builders Exchange, and the Ohio Association of Public Treasurers.
- He earned his bachelor's degree in liberal arts from The Ohio State University, and graduated with cum laude honors.
- He graduated from Ohio State's Moritz College of Law with his Juris Doctor degree.
- He was a recipient of the John J. Adams Memorial Award.
- He has earned a Master of Laws in tax from Capital University Law School.
Furthering his professional development, Joseph is involved with:
- The Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Rea NextGen (class of 2017)
When he's not in the office, you can find him:
- Walking his dogs
- Enjoying sci-fi movies and big budget TV series
Joseph is involved in his community:
- St. Francis DeSales Mock Trial/Moot Court Team (attorney advisor)
- Recognized as a Public Service Fellow with Dean's Special Recognition for more than 400 hours of pro bono legal work at the Moritz College of Law.
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? When I advise clients, I try to capture all the technical rules, financial impacts, practical considerations and other considerations that they might consider when making their decision on a particular topic. To me, a brighter way means to give advice that doesn't' simply get locked into a particular mode of viewing an issue - is there another perspective.
- What line of The Rea Way describes you the best? Be a person of influence.
- What do you consider to be your "brightest" quality? I have been told that I have a particular knack for taking very complex concepts and communicating them in an easier to understand format.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? Probably a fireman.
- What profession would you choose if you didn't go into accounting? Professor
- What is the best restaurant you've ever eaten at? Mama's Fish House, Maui, Hawaii
Motivated, highly skilled, outside the box, ninja tax warrior