Day-to-day activities at Rea:
Heather leads the firm’s accounting and payroll team. She organizes and implements training sessions for our client services team and helps them stay current on the ever-changing accounting world. She works with new clients helping them determine what accounting services might serve them the best. She is a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor and works with clients in QuickBooks helping them to better utilize their software.
Topics or areas of expertise that she can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Payroll taxes
- Creative solutions for client’s accounting needs
How we know she knows what she’s doing:
- She earned her bachelor’s degree in accounting and business from Muskingum University.
- Prior to joining Rea, she served in the auditor’s office for the State of Ohio
Furthering her professional development, Heather is involved with:
- Rea NextGen (class of 2017)
How she’s helped clients meet their business needs:
- A client started a new business and they had no QuickBooks experience nor did the person that they hired to take care of their bookkeeping. She went in and helped them set up their company and taught their staff how to use the program.
When she’s not in the office, you can find her:
Spending time with family, cheering her son on at his sporting events, helping with his cub scout troop, or working outside in her yard.