Day-to-day activities at Rea:
At Rea, Gene specializes in business consulting as well as in the construction, manufacturing and distribution, and auto, farm and heavy equipment dealership industries. He has earned a Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma.
Topics or areas of expertise that he can talk about (even in his sleep):
- Auto dealership accounting and tax issues.
- Manufacturing tax and accounting issues.
- Process improvement in manufacturing.
- Succession planning for the closely held business owner.
- Business strategies.
How we know he knows what he’s doing:
- Gene holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from The University of Akron.
- He has more than 35 years of accounting industry experience.
- He is also a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
Furthering his professional development, Gene is involved with:
When he’s not in the office, you can find him:
- Serving Wayne County Children Services (vice chair), and Wayne Economic Development Council (past treasurer and 2016 chair).
- Working in his yard or around the house on a project.
- Checking out a Cavs or Indians game.