Day-to-day activities at Rea:
Andrea is a manager of the firm’s retirement plan consulting and administration services team. She is responsible for:
- The administration of 401(k), profit sharing and defined benefit plans
- Advising clients as they seek to develop a creative plan design
- Setting up retirement plans
- Calculating employer contributions
- Preparing compliance testing
- Fixing non-compliant plans via the Delinquent Filers Voluntary Compliance program and Voluntary Fiduciary Correction program.
Topics or areas of expertise that she can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Creative plan design
- Employer contribution calculations
- Eligibility to participate in a 401(k) plan
- 5500 preparation
- Nondiscrimination testing
How we know she knows what she’s doing:
- She began her career in the accounting industry in 1997.
- Prior to joining Rea in 2008, Andrea worked as a manager at another regional CPA firm.
- Andrea earned her bachelor’s degree in mathematical sciences from The Ohio State University.
Furthering her professional development, Andrea is involved with:
When she’s not in the office, you can find her:
- Coaching basketball at St. Timothy
- Playing volleyball or softball
- Watching her children play sports