Topics or areas of expertise that Abbey can talk about (even in her sleep):
- Content marketing
- Social media
- Public relations
- Nonprofit organizations (start-ups)
- The newspaper industry
How we know she knows what she's doing:
- She holds a bachelor's degree in mass communication from Tiffin University
- She holds a master's degree in public relations from Kent State University
- She has more than 10 years of experience in public relations and marketing
Furthering her professional development, Abbey is involved with:
- Association for Accounting Marketing (chair of AAM's strategic communications committee)
When she's not in the office, you can find her:
- Playing with her two daughters
- Watching television with her husband
- Researching PR and marketing strategy for the various nonprofit organizations she works with
- Working on Photoshop and InDesign to keep her skills sharp
- Doing freelance PR/marketing work for A.N.G.E.L.S. Outreach organization and Heroes in Action
Inside The Mind Of...
- What does "A Brighter Way" mean to you? To me, ""A Brighter Way"" means ""possibility"" and the ability to look beyond the challenge and find a better solution - an innovative solution.
- What's your favorite aspect of your job? I love that I have the opportunity to educate our clients, future clients, and the general public on issues that resonate with them on a professional level.
- What do you consider is your ""brightest"" quality? I think my brightest quality is my ability to see the world differently. When I am confronted with a problem, I don't always accept that the obvious answer is the best answer; I choose to take the path less taken in an effort to take my work to the next level. Every challenge is an opportunity for growth and if we don't embrace the opportunity to think outside the box, we could be denying ourselves of the next big idea.
Just For Fun:
- What did 10-year-old you want to be when you grew up? At 10-years-old, I wanted to be on stage - either as an actress or a singer.
- What was your first job? My first job was for ABC Auto Body, where I cleaned offices and the shops.
- What is one trait you possess that you inherited from your mother or father? I inherited my dedication and persistence from my mother and I hope to pass these qualities on to my own girls. They can be anything they want to be, and with dedication and persistence, anything is possible.
I am an innovative marketing and PR professional with more than 10 years of experience.